Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Curve.life Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Curve.life Limited, or us: a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10444708 whose registered office is at Unit 11.3, 2-4 Exmoor Street, London, W106BD;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Curve.life Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Curve.life Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.curve.life, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Curve.life Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Curve.life Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. date of birth;
c. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. IP address (automatically collected);
e. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
6. In addition, we also anonymously collect certain sensitive health Data via surveys linked to the Website. This Data is provided voluntarily and may include information about medical or health conditions for you or your family. This Data is collected so that we can understand our user base and determine how to improve our products / services and what products / services to develop. This Data is collected anonymously and is not in any way connected to your Curve.life account or IP address.
How we collect Data
7. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
8. Curve.life Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services (in which case you will be added to our mailing list; you can opt out of that mailing list by clicking unsubscribe on any email);
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Who we share Data with
10. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. any of our group companies or affiliates – to ensure the proper administration of the Curve.life Website and organisation;
b. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to manage the Website and to obtain advice from professional advisors;
Keeping Data secure
11. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. Sensitive Data collected by survey is anonymous and not linked to your account or IP address.
12. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
14. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
15. Save as for Data collected anonymously, you have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
Please note that health Data provided via survey and that is anonymous cannot be provided to you, corrected or erased as it is not in any way linked to your account or IP address.
16. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
18. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
21. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
22. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
25. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
26. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Curve.life Limited by email at email@example.com.